Friday, February 19, 2016

Spring In My Step



Well, I have stalled on my new room box. Debating the flooring options I have set out. It could be regular Popsicle sticks, veneer strips, varying width veneer strips or a wide herringbone. So many options and this was supposed to be a quick project, but my heart says herringbone and that won't be quick. And it will be painful. If I stock up on wine and stain it should be ok.

I've made some progress on Miss Kitty's dollhouse. I think this weekend I will tackle the base.  I need the base to secure the front steps to and add a little area for a garden, but nothing so huge that it becomes any more cumbersome to move around.  The shutters have also been installed along with the door knobs and balconies.  





Where To Buy



6 comments :

  1. A beautiful little scenery... I love the mirror... and the jug... and the flowers.... and... and...

    And I have put a link to your blog on mine :-)

    Annie - WeLoveMiniatures

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so wonderful Kat, at first I thought you were showing a photo of a corner of your home with some springflowers! Haha, is there such a thing, quick, in miniature? I know I have thought things like that often, our minds are too creative for our practical sides I guess :D :D. I like herringbone and you'll eventually be happy you did it, I'm sure of it (maybe that helps a little if the incentive of wine is not enough, haha). Don't know if you've thought of that yourself already of course, but what helps enormously is to have a simple jig for cutting the same length 'planks' without measuring constantly. If you haven't thought of that already, let me know and I can show you an example. In any case it will still be quite the job, but as I said: well worth it! Enjoy, if not in the forseeable future with your roombox, then with Miss Kitty's dollhouse, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do the herringbone in my next house build...and I will be coming to you! thank you!! I`ve decided to behave and finish something in less then 6 months. Yes, this in unusual for me....but it will be a regular floor just to get it done!

      Delete
  3. I love the ambience of your photos Kat. Your warm grey walls look very sooting and I love the mirror and the flowers displayed on the chest. You have put your items to Excellent use and I now hope to see a FABULOUS herringbone floor from you, sometime in the very near future. :)

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next build for the herringbone....but I will try to do something fun with the room box floor regardless!

      Delete